1. Students will bow upon entering and leaving the dojo, and will not leave the dojo floor without first receiving permission from the Sensei in charge. When unavoidably late, or returning to class, the student will enter, bow, move sideways away from the door, kneel, and wait for the Sensei’s instructions.
2. Students will behave as gentlemen and as ladies, at all times, inside and outside the dojo.
3. No student will provoke violence, inside or outside the dojo, or allow himself to be provoked into violence.
4. Higher belts will aid lower belts in their training. Lower belts will follow the instruction of the higher belts in the dojo.
5. No alcohol will be taken before class. Consuming candy, gum and any other food or drink are also forbidden during class.
6. There will be no sparring without appropriate safety gear, and the express permission of the Sensei. Also, students must ask to use any equipment in the dojo.
7. Students will maintain a serious attitude in the dojo at all times: no profanity or loud talking will be tolerated.
8. Bullies will not be tolerated!
9. Students must comply with the dojo health rules. Personal cleanliness is essential; also, uniforms MUST BE CLEAN AND PRESSED. Fingernails and toenails must be clipped at all times. Please wear long hair tied back.
10. Students will attend at least one class weekly at a time designated for their instruction. Please inform the sensei if you will be away from class for an extended period.
11. No rings, watches, earrings, necklaces, or other jewelry may be worn during class.
12. Under no circumstances will any student, from white belt to brown belt, teach the art of karate to any person, or persons, without the permission and sanction of their Sensei.